Work at 100 Elk
If you love the outdoors and working with students in an inspiring, active environment, then working for 100 Elk may be for you.
The 100 Elk Outdoor Center is a fun, rewarding place to work. We employ seasonal, part-time and full-time staff to support our outdoor education programs in the fall and spring.
Our staff comes from a variety of backgrounds and interests, so if you would like to learn more, we’d enjoy hearing from you. Applicants are considered and decisions made as applications arrive, so apply early!
- Spring season: mid-April through late May
- Fall season: mid-August through late October
- 100 Elk Instructor
Seasonal Staff Benefits
- Receive hourly pay, including overtime.
- On property housing.
- Qualify for pay raise if you are a lifeguard or corral staff.
- Live in a community of Christian Scientists.
- Work with public and private school students ranging from elementary to high school age.
- Live, work and play in the gorgeous Rocky Mountains.
- Have most weekends off!
- Build upon or learn new technical skills by leading activities such as the high ropes course, rock gym, canoeing, team building, ecology, archery and more.
- Gain leadership and public speaking experience.
- Work as an outdoor education professional with school and youth groups.
- Facilitate a wide variety of outdoor center activities.
- Create lesson plans appropriate for group size, time, age and interests.
- Oversee group management and coordinate with chaperones.
- Inspect and maintain equipment to ensure safety of participants.
- Share knowledge of the area’s natural history and ecology.
- Assist in supervision and clean-up of lodge during meals.
- Oversee participant rec time including actively running games and lake activities.
- Participate in program preparation and clean up, including staff meetings and debriefs.
- Complete staff training school and season shutdown.
- Submit a resume via email to [email protected].
- Complete the online application and note which season(s) you are applying for.