Enjoy fine culinary experiences, in a beautiful and relaxing setting, customized for any need.
100 Elk clients from Boulder to Santa Fe have raved for years about the phenomenal meals provided by our executive chef. Whether you’re bringing a small or large group, dedication to both craft and thoughtful sourcing lead to an exceptional dining tradition, and many credit this as one reason they return to 100 Elk again and again. From snacks to light fare to exquisite cuisine with vegetarian options, our chef and his team of food service professionals will delight your group and enhance the success of your stay.
You can choose from three tiers of cuisine that range from elegant to light and delicious. Our chef regularly uses locally grown foods when available and cheerfully caters to special dietary needs. All meals include a full salad bar or fruit and yogurt bar at breakfast, as well as access to hot and cold beverages, including fresh locally roasted coffee, teas, hot cocoa, hot cider, fruit juices, milk, and nut and soy milk options. Meals are typically provided in Valerie Lodge, which comfortably seats 150+ in the dining area. If your group is larger, please contact us for larger group-dining possibilities.
Note: the 100 Elk Outdoor Center is a drug-, alcohol- and smoke-free facility.
Here’s a sampling of our most popular menu options for each meal type. We have much more to select from and are happy to work with you to provide exactly the culinary experience you desire.
All breakfasts include fresh fruit, house-made granola. Greek-style yogurt, as well as hot and cold cereals
- Belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, thick center-cut bacon and fresh berries
- Banana-honey-oat pancakes served with thick center-cut bacon and five-cheese omelets with spinach and mushrooms
- Vegetable egg frittata, seasoned country-herb potatoes, pork sausage links, kale and vegetable sauté
- Our signature house-made cinnamon rolls and house-made Danish, vegetable quiche in a flaky puff pastry crust, served with whole muscle natural carving ham and sautéed greens
- Breakfast burritos with scrambled eggs, onion, black beans, and peppers served with papas bravas (seasoned potatoes cubes in a light paprika aioli), sliced chorizo sausage and sautéed greens
- Southern-style biscuits and gravy served with scrambled eggs, golden hash browns and pork sausage links
All lunches include a full salad bar and house-made soups
- Croissant sandwich melts with spinach, turkey, tomato, and caramelized onion served with sweet potato wedge fries, crudité with dipping sauce and a creamy tomato bisque
- Olive oil rubbed and seasoned baked potato, house-made beef and vegetable chilies, steamed broccoli, shredded artisan cheese blend, sour cream, hummus, pita chips, and a selection of house-made soups
- Chicken enchiladas in white sauce, seasoned Spanish rice, fresh salsa, refried beans, farmers cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, Baja sauce, and creamy southwestern tortilla soup
- Tuna, chicken, turkey, egg salad, or hummus wraps served with sweet potato fries, spinach, walnut, Gorgonzola salad with a raspberry vinaigrette, full salad bar, and a house-made soup
- Hand rolled vegetable and shrimp spring rolls with dipping sauces, ramen noodle bowls with smoked pork, broccoli salad with oriental sesame dressing, steamed edamame, miso soup with shitake mushrooms and tofu
- A selection of house-made soups, specialty salads, full salad bar and a selection of artisan breads, spreads and herbed butters
All dinners include a full salad bar and house-made soups
- Garlic parmesan crusted salmon with cream sauce served with roasted parsnips, carrots, and rutabagas, steamed and braised Brussels sprouts and a selection of French rolls
- Dessert: Coconut mango sorbet
- Seasoned oven roasted Cornish game hens, citrus rice pilaf with oven-roasted almonds and sweet currants, braised asparagus, and a selection of bistro rolls
- Dessert: Chocolate raspberry torte with chocolate ganache
- Pork loin roast served with roasted rosemary whole baby red potatoes, braised zucchini, and grill seared garlic toast
- Dessert: Southern style peach cobbler with cinnamon and clove served with our house-made whipped cream
- Slow smoked barbecue beef brisket served with rosemary herb potato wedges, green beans with bacon, and honey sweetened cornbread
- Dessert: Fruit cobbler with house-made sweetened whipped cream
- Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with balsamic glaze served with seasoned mashed sweet potatoes, braised lemon pepper cauliflower, broccoli and carrots
- Dessert: House made apple crisp served with vanilla bean ice cream
- Fettuccine alfredo, pesto penne pasta with grilled chicken, cheese stuffed shells with marinara sauce, seasoned grilled vegetables, bruschetta
- Dessert: House-made chocolate almond biscotti
Vegetarian Options (GF=Gluten-free, DF=Dairy-free, SF=Soy-free, V=Vegetarian, V+=Vegan)
- Grilled vegetable stacks with seared marinated tofu cutlets (GF/DF/V+)
- Stuffed zucchini with artisan cheeses and seasoned bread crumbs (V/SF)
- Stuffed peppers with lentil, wild rice pilaf (GF/DF/V+)
- Black bean, corn, caramelized onion and red pepper enchiladas in red sauce (GF/DF/V+)
- Stuffed portabella mushrooms with savory wild rice pilaf (V, Can be made GF/V+)
Snacks & Hors D’Oeuvres
Served prior to dinner or per request
- Hand rolled vegetable and shrimp spring rolls, with dipping sauces
- Crudité platters with dips
- Artisan cheese sampler platters with crackers and fruit
- Bruschetta with Mediterranean olives, Chèvre and balsamic reduction
- Spanish empanadas
- Hummus and baked pita wedges with dipping oil
- Pull apart garlic herb & cheese artisan bread boule
- Flaky savory turnovers
- Miniature calzones
We make every effort to support the dietary needs of our guests and can provide food items that are nut-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and egg-free. Please make sure you fill out the food request form so that we may better serve the needs of individuals in your group. Sack lunches are also available for groups traveling off property or early in the morning.
Please contact our Executive Chef with specific food related questions.