Groups & Workshops
Need a space to host your next workshop, reunion, gathering or retreat? Bring your group together amid the great outdoors.
Located in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the 100 Elk Outdoor Center has a variety of activities and spaces for groups of all sizes and budgets. Our combination of on-site housing, dining and outdoor activities are perfect for family and alumni reunions, group retreats and hands-on trainings and workshops. Bring your family or group together in one of the most scenic and unique areas in Colorado. We are close to a thriving community of local shops, restaurants and outfitters in Buena Vista and provide easy access to outdoor activities.
Valerie Lodge has ample space for dining and meeting, as well as a large, open area with cozy lounge chairs surrounding a stone fireplace. Wyly Lodge features an open floor plan with 2,900 square feet — ideal for workshops, inspirational speakers and indoor activities such as yoga, dancing and fitness classes. For those requiring less meeting space, Aspen Grove Lodge and our Yurt Campus are available for smaller groups.
Guests can opt to self-administer all of their programs, or include 100 Elk-led activities and adventure options such as our high ropes courses, zip line, Leap of Faith and Giant’s Ladder. 100 Elk-led activities require an additional charge per participant.
- Half-day, one-day and multi-day rental space available
- Accommodates up to 350 guests
- Cook your own meals or larger groups can enjoy delicious meals prepared by our executive chef
- Wifi access in main lodges and larger buildings (Valerie, Wyly, Aspen Grove)
- Outdoor activities available such as high ropes course, hiking, canoeing, rock climbing, archery and more
- Housing available from private rooms (with en suite bathrooms) to basic bunkhouse cabins
- Large sports field for practice or group gatherings
Examples of past programs that have enjoyed the 100 Elk Outdoor Center include:
- Alumni reunions
- Bible study seminars
- College sports team trainings
- Life-coaching weekends
- Photography workshops
- Recovery retreats for women veterans
- Team building trainings
- Wilderness First Aid & Responder courses
- Yoga and dance workshops