Family & Friends Getaway – Fall 2020
Looking to get away this Fall? Whether you’re homeschooling, remote learning/working or looking for a vacation, the 100 Elk Outdoor Center is the perfect destination for your family or friend group.
August 24 – October 30, 2020
The fun, adventure and inspiration of the 100 Elk Outdoor Center are yours to customize this fall with your family or friend group. Whether you’re homeschooling, remote learning/working or looking for a vacation, 100 Elk Family & Friends Getaway is the perfect change of scenery. All lodging, meals and activities are designed to maximize your experience while also being in accord with local health and social distance regulations.
Please note: the 100 Elk Outdoor Center is a drug-, alcohol- and smoke-free environment.
Homeschooling and Distance Learning
- Mornings are devoted to academic time.
- On Monday – Friday afternoons from 4-6pm activities and/or tutoring opportunities are available with our staff.
- Afternoon activities provide the opportunity to develop skills in an activity area such as horseback riding, music, creative arts, rock climbing, watercraft, mountain biking and more.
- Tutoring available in math, science, English, history, etc.
- Private lessons available in piano, dancing, painting, etc.
- Quiet shared indoor (masks required) and outdoor work spaces are available.
- Other amenities include wifi, printing, landline phone, coffee/tea, snacks, kitchen, etc.
- Bring yourself, your family or your friend group for a Rocky Mountain getaway.
- Explore the treasures the Arkansas River Valley has to offer, or sign up for select activities (on Saturday, Sunday afternoons and Monday – Thursday afternoons) to design a vacation that fits what you want to do!
The following are included with your stay and yours to enjoy at any time. Please note that only 1 or 2 activities will be offered each afternoon:
- 12+ miles of on-property trails for you to hike (or mountain bike if you bring your own bike)
- Private access to the Colorado Trail
- Trampoline (adult supervision required for kids)
Afternoon Activities (Monday – Thursday from 4-6pm)
Also included in the base rate, you can sign up for these activities offered 4-6pm on Monday – Thursday afternoons:
- Canoeing, kayaking, and stand-up paddle boarding
- Swimming in the lake
- Rock gym climbing
- Guided day hikes and mountain biking on property
- Fly fishing (own gear recommended)
- Arts and crafts
- Piano, dancing, painting, team sports, rock climbing, water sports, etc = $25/hour
- Horseback riding = $60/hour
Please Note: No activities are offered on Fridays.
Weekend Activities (Saturday morning, afternoon and Sunday afternoon)
On the weekends you can sign up for all the “Afternoon Activities” listed above, plus the following specialty activities for an additional fee:
- Ropes course = $40/person
- Off-property mountain biking or cycling:
- Guide and bike = $60/person
- Guide (provide your own bike) = $40/person
- Peak climb = $40/person
- Horseback riding:
- ½ day = $45/person
- Full-day = $85/person
Other Amenities (dependent on staff availability)
- Babysitting = $12/hour per child ($72/day maximum)
- Tutoring = $15/hour
Hot breakfast and dinner are provided every day except Friday. Continental breakfasts are served on Sundays. Sack lunches are available daily with prepared lunch possible based on demand. (Note: No meals are provided on Fridays.)
- Base Rate (lodging and meals) = $120/day for the first person and $50/day for each additional person (minimum of 2 nights)
- Specialty activities are available at the additional cost listed above.
To register, please call 719.395.2468 x101